Sunday, December 15, 2013

Caffeinated Beverages

I have a subtle relationship with caffeine.

On a weekday I typically drink between three and four cups of caffeinated beverages a day. Usually its two or three cups of coffee in the morning. Then a cola or a cup of tea in the afternoon. Sometimes its another coffee. Caffeine addict? Maybe. Weekends vary. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

How deep is my caffeine dependence? Well it's been there for most of my adult life. A morning without coffee doesn't leave me crippled. From time to time it happens. Sometimes I get a little headache. Maybe I get a little grouchy. Moods are hard to discern sometimes. Really its just a little something to grease my gears. Yes, I know. Cocaine addicts with a lighter habit probably say the same thing. So nevermind how much of a coffee junkie I am.

Two creams and sometimes just a bit of sugar. Sometimes no sugar.
Light or dark roast? Well it depends I guess. I know light roasts have more kick. So which one I take depends on where I've been and where I think I'm going.

Four cups is a routine. It's a part of the day I hardly notice, but it's there. And it's necessary.

So here it is, another stab at blogging.....
Within the mundane there is grace. You can hardly notice, but it's there.





No comments:

Post a Comment